Jennifer Hudson: 'Fashion Is a Tough Industry'

5:40 No Comment
Courtesy of QVC Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer Hudson launched her Jennifer Hudson Accumulating for QVC band bygone with a beautiful presentation at the New Museum in New York. Her band of accoutrement and accessories consists of 14 designs that cover leggings, sports jackets, best skirts and body-hugging abbreviate dresses. The looks, which ambit from about $50 to $170, will be attainable for acquirement on QVC in aboriginal September (set to accompany with Fashion's Night Out), followed by a one-hour premiere on the TV approach on September 10th.


Hudson, cutting one of her aboriginal designs – a form-fitting, abysmal dejected affiliate dress with applique inset – sat down for an affectionate columnist Q&A at the launch, during which she aggregate her action and anxiety about putting her brand on the appearance world.


"Coming into appearance is a accomplished new apple for me," Hudson explained. "Although I've consistently had a adulation for fashion, it's a boxy industry." She acclaimed that the accumulating was aggressive by designers Michael Kors, Givenchy and Rick Owens, adding, "I wish to focus on getting beautiful and adequate at the aforementioned time and [Owens] makes aces things but with a assertive bulk of abundance to it, and I adulation that. As far as Michael Kors, I anticipate he caters to the absolute woman, every woman – curves, no curves, he got you."


Hudson's abreast looks for QVC agitated a different flair, like attainable styles apparent at H&M, and seemed able to alteration calmly from plan to evening. They featured absorbing prints, aerial data (like lace, zippers and big gold buttons) and figure-flattering silhouettes. The bargain styles may serve as accessible basics to several physique types; as Hudson afresh told WWD, "I capital the clothes to be area any babe could abrasion it - no amount what admeasurement you are - and you could feel adequate in it."


The above American Idol contestant said that she chose to plan with QVC because of their claimed accord with viewers.


"I like to accept one-on-one with people, and [at QVC] you can accept rapport," Hudson said."I anticipate you should apprehend from the customer and they should apprehend from you, and they accord that acquaintance and that one-on-one."


Aside from her new appearance empire, Hudson aswell afresh active on to appear on the new division of Smash alongside addition ex-American Idol star, Katharine McPhee. She is aswell currently wrapping the blur Lullaby with Amy Adams and Garrett Hedlund and hopes to activate alive on a new anthology in the fall.


The accumulated workload has larboard Hudson with, as she confessed, alone two canicule of vacation for the absolute summer. "I looked at my agenda the added day and I thought, 'Oh my God!" she said. At atomic she'll attending acceptable on the job.


 


Related
• Jennifer Hudson to Guest on 'Smash'

No hay comentarios :

 
Copyright © ProFashionBlog | Powered by Blogger